Because I was a boarder at a few large stables for 12 years, I very much understand the concern that you have in leaving your horse in the care of someone else. Thorough care and concern for your horse and prompt communication with owners who are less frequent visitors is a priority here. Full care stall board is currently available for both racetrack layups (see “layups” tab) and monthly boarders who enjoy riding, training, and competing with their own horses. No pasture-only board is offered at this time and there are no lesson/trail riding horses available to the public at Petrichor Farm.
Stall board includes:
- Daily turn out to maintained grass paddock for 12+ hours or as requested
- Purina grain products OR owner-provided grain
- Ample amounts of grass/alfalfa mix as needed to maintain fitness for each horse
- Feeding owner-provided supplements
- Blanketing service for owner-provided blankets
- Daily stall cleaning and stripping as needed + stall fans and heated buckets provided
- Use of facilities, including approximately one mile of grass trails around the perimeter of the property
- 80×140 fabric-covered NO DUST arena with synthetic fiber-sand blend and use of all jumping and training equipment
- Minor injury/limited special cares may be available upon request for an additional fee: wrapping, hand-walking, private turnout, etc.
- Limited number of horses on the property to allow for individual care
Additional services offered:
- MagnaWave Maxx (PEMF-T): $50/session for 30-40 minutes
- Referrals to stellar veterinarian, chiropractor, farrier, instructors/trainers in a wide variety of disciplines and interests, horses for sale, and more
- Twice yearly fecal egg testing with detailed results from MidAmerica Agricultural Research, including overnight chilled shipping and collection: $12/horse
- Trailering to local shows, events, and clinics when available: $0.50/mi + $25/day stall care and feed upon request
- Spring blanket dry-cleaning and storage: $20/blanket
- Coming in 2019: finishing certification in Masterson Method equine bodywork/massage!
Horses must have current Coggins and will be quarantined briefly upon arrival for the safety of all resident horses.